Friday, October 3, 2008

Points to Ponder

Interesting. I threw 3 plastic bags into the microwave, one right after another, and squeezed some flavored chicken breasts into a pan to cook, and I feel like I made a home made meal. Feel quite virtuous, actually. Even though the only reason I went to all this "trouble" to "cook" was because I was too lazy to get in the car and go get pizza...

And speaking of the microwave, why is it that I can put grated cheese on some chips, and after 30 seconds it isn't even melted, but boy, put a bottle of honey in there for the same 30 seconds, and you have molten hot lava on your hands? And I do mean on your hands, because the silly plastic bear couldn't take the pressure... Yum, I always love melted plastic in my tea :)

And honey makes me think of my last trip to KFC (on a day when there were no plastic bags of frozen veggies in my freezer). Did you know that they actually have stopped giving out little packets of honey??? No, instead we are blessed with honey "sauce." Come ON. Honey "Sauce?" What, the bees had a rough day and went out and got plastered before they hit the hive? Sheesh. And funny how they managed to make the "sauce" out of corn syrup. Tsk Tsk. Harlan Sanders is rolling in his grave. Next we'll find out that there are no 11 secret herbs and spices... No worries. I'm sure there's a frozen microwaveable bag SOMEWHERE in the freezer.

5 comments:

Kate-uhh said...

Actually, the honeybees really are getting sick and dying off. Thanks for your sensitivity, MA!~ No wonder honey is like $24 a bottle here.

Cheryl said...

lol...so...I can relate to how 1 minute works different magic on different stuff in the microwave....go figure.

For instance, 4 pieces of bacon for 45 seconds works just fine when the next 4 for 45 seconds comes out nice and burnt.

Unknown said...

That's my kind of cooking! :) You crack me up! Thank you for providing not only wonderful kits, but entertainment also.

Unknown said...

I'm back! I've tagged you - a "husband tag". You can copy it off my blog, and repost w/ your own answers on yours. Have fun!

Bob said...

I always put my honey bear in a pan of hot boiling water AFTER I have removed it from the stove. It only takes a few seconds for it to warm up. Then you can pour honey into your tea.

By the way, PLEASE don't put your nail polish in the microwave either. That can blow up and have extremely unfortunate results.

Your husband tag was cute.