Friday, January 1, 2010

Oh My Goodness!

Not entirely sure why, but this is my new saying du jour. I did some errands yesterday, and every time I got behind someone who was a wee bit less motivated than I was that was the first thing out of my mouth. When I paged through a magazine yesterday and realized that EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE was telling me to get my life together and change already, I had an Oh.My.Goodness! all ready to go. (I even tried it out loud, and it was BETTER) Today I have OMG'd the dishwasher, the dog, my left foot, and my computer. Actually, my computer has been OMG'd twice - we are evidently just not on the same wavelength today ;)

It's admittedly better than some of my previous phrase phases, for sure. I won't list any of them here, but I'm pretty sure I picked them up in an unsavory corner of the internet, and sometimes inappropriate words that rise unbidden but readily can cause acute embarrassment and the desire that some restraint had been exercised early on in the process. Oh My Goodness is pretty benign, but that is a little bit of a trap, particularly now that I've figured out how lovely it is to say it out loud :) Perhaps in a few days there will be another silly post about how I've gotten myself into another embarrassing spot. And then all of you can say...

Oh My Goodness!

4 comments:

Molly Joy said...

Much like bringing home the flu, random pets, etc. I also bring home new phrases.

Oh. My. GOODNESS.

You're welcome :)

Snap said...

It's a Southernism .... ;D ;D ;D !!!!!

Michelle said...

Wow, I a actually quite a big "Oh My Goodness" fan, also "Oh bother," which is quite Winnie-the-Pooh but I like it anyway. I am glad to know that I can write OMG and have someone interpret it the way I do! (So great to meet you today...) =)

Unknown said...

I love it, Julie. :) I also prefer the more tame exclamations. In my younger days, my saying was "pookie darn!" It made others laugh, but kept me out of trouble. :)