Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Vacation stuff



A bright person would take a camera with them when exploring, wouldn't you think? But no. Friday morning we hit the sidewalks as a complete family. We enjoyed our cafe au lait and beignets, and then hopped on a horse drawn carriage for a tour of the French quarter.

Perfect day, slight breeze, lots of sun (and a covered carriage - lol, kept thinking of the "surrey with the fringe on top" - I couldn't help but feel the tug of wistfulness for a day and age gone by, as we rode up and down the quaint streets at the gentler pace of yesteryear. Of course, I got over the wistfulness in about 3 seconds when I thought about air conditioning and refrigerators and internet (not to mention cell phone cameras, LOL). But a tiny part of me is still enchanted by the saturation of age and history in every cobblestone and cast iron gate.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

A bright person would overcome and problem with creativity--oh, that would be you!

Elaine said...

I "found" New Orleans about 5 years ago. I was also enchanted with it. My hands were touching everything and with that I could actually feel the past. It came so naturally to me and I could not imagine anyone not doing or feeling the same. It is such an incredible place.
Elaine