Friday, February 6, 2009

::blush::

My dear friend Snap (short for Snapdragon, and an apt sobriquet [albiet the AOL version snipped a consonant or a vowel or two - I don't remember the exact form, just the mental picture of my favorite summer flower] for a warm and adventurous heart, a keen mind, and someone with a deep appreciation for beauty of nature [or human genius] and history) has blessed me with an award. I will admit that I am HORRIBLE about awards. In the first place, they sort of embarrass me. Here I am yammering at length to my computer screen, and an award seems rather grand and out of place for private yammerings. I have a few devoted friends who assuage my vanity with kind comments, a child in foreign climes who misses home and so clings to my every word (allow me my poetic license, kate-uhh - and this is the Korean for yammering - just so you know I love you 한국어 (Korean) n. - 불평, 투덜거림, 수다 v. intr. - 불평을 하다, 야단치다, 지껄여대다 v. tr. - 불평하다, ~이라고 지껄여대다, ~이라고 불평스런 얼굴로 이야기하다 ) - hardly the stuff that awards are made of...

But this one struck a chord with me - it's a "real person" award. Ha ha, I can fit that description pretty painlessly, and it doesn't leave me feeling like an imposter. And I have never told anyone to go eat cake :)

So thank you , Snap. Thank you for deeming me real, and for the award. It is much appreciated, particularly as it comes from you.




The Marie Antoinette,
Real Person, A Real Award

Here are the rules for the award:

1. Put the picture of Marie Antoinette on your blog.
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate other blogs that you feel deserve the award.
4. Link to those blogs from your blog.
5. Leave a comment on their blogs to let them know you've shared the award with them

Chris, Dani, Shanners, Candy...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, thanks, Julie! This is a great award - and you definitely deserve it! Can I give it back? He he he...
Thanks again. I'll post it up tomorrow.

Kate-uhh said...

어머니,사랑해. <3

Scraps of Candy said...

Aw, what a nice surprise. Guess I haven't been here (or any blogs for that matter) for a few days. I totally missed the blog makeover. I should get you to do mine. I keep meaning to figure out how to change it but never seem to get around to it.

Miss Chris said...

wow, thanks! That means a lot especially coming from you! I will link it up tonight!

Snap said...

You deserve it! Thank you -- your nice words brought a tear or two ... (has nothing to do with the allergies).

Hugs--

MamaB said...

Congrats Julie!!!!!! You so deserve to be the recipient! (Yes I mean that in the best of ways!!!!) The people you nominated are completely fabulous too!!!!!

Janytime said...

So totally LOVE your profile statement, think that fits me also!