Friday, September 24, 2010

Heya, misery! Want company?

Today was one of those days where I had twelve million four hundred and seven ideas floating around in my mind.  Unfortunately, it was also one of those days where I was unable to execute anything, other than a couple of minor successes that were more incidental than focused.

I remember when I first started scrapping days like today terrified me.  I was convinced that I'd lost any creative spark I may have possessed.  I was convinced the creative spark would never come back.  And finally at some  point, I usually decided that the creative spark was an illusion and I might as well just go wash dishes. 

Fortunately, having traveled along this path before, I know that probably even as early as tomorrow some of those ideas zinging around in my head will come to fruition (the creative ones, not the dishes - please don't tell my husband!) and things will go relatively smoothly again.  It doesn't keep me from feeling like the day was a failure, but it does lessen the fear that I've lost it all, LOL. 

So, rather than spend any more time playing Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook (which, curiously, is also not going well) I redecorated my blog with Colorado Cliff.  At least the day wasn't a complete loss!  And now I'm going to go write down as many of the great ideas as I can still remember...

2 comments:

GlitterQueen said...

Julie, I have those days where I think I'm not creative and will never have any good ideas too, they suck! But I'm sure you'll get over it, and your new blog looks BEAUTIFUL!! Love how you did the borders along the sides.

Unknown said...

Maybe other things weren't going well but the blog decor sure did. Looking great!