Friday, March 14, 2014

Miss Mary Mack

I have quirks.  I'm not ashamed to admit it.  One of them might be demonstrated by this week's digi kit.  I will get a mental picture of something and get a little obsessed, and chip away at it until it leaves me alone. Not all of these items see the light of day, thank goodness, as they turn out being truly awful.  But sometimes the result is pretty successful, and I think that was the case this week.

Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack
All dressed in black, black, black
With silver buttons, buttons, buttons
All down her back, back, back.
She asked her mother, mother, mother
for fifty cents, cents, cents
To see the elephants, elephants, elephants
Jump the fence, fence, fence.
They jumped so high, high, high
they reached the sky, sky, sky
And didn't come back, back, back
Till the 4th of July, ly, ly!

Some of you are nodding your head, because you either jumped rope or played a handclapping game to this little ditty.  Or knew a little girl who did.  For some reason it ran through my head recently and I just had this cool mental picture of a row of silver buttons in a digiscrapping kit.  It grew from there, and now I present "Miss Mary Mack:"


She's a classy girl, our Mary, with a sense of style and adventure.



Now, you may be wondering if such a kit is going to contain ridiculous items to go along with it's silly rhyme.  I think these lovely layouts show that it's pretty versatile, but if you want the lowdown on the quirk, here it is:


1. Jumprope rhyme (this was how my older daughter learned it)
2. 4 July.  Ha ha, sneaky, right?
3. The Fence.  No ugly fences for this elephant, nosirree.
4. Fifty Cents.  Unless you are not from the US.  Not sure what various exchange rates would be ;)
5. Silver Buttons all down her back.  This is the mental picture that set this whole thing off.
6. An elephant.  Cute fella.
7. Another elephant.  I like elephants.  This one is cute too!
And of course the star scatters refer to "touching the sky."

So there you have it - fun AND elegant!  And it's on sale for a limited time, so get your scrap on with style :)

~Julie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is such an awesome kit!