Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I have a thing for St. Paddy's Day.  Maybe it dates back to grade school, and the fun of remembering to wear green so I wouldn't get pinched at school.  In the early days of my interwebs experience I used to hunt down free animated web graphics and make a web page full of dancing leprechauns and smiling shamrocks - the schlockier the better.  Then I would send the link to everyone I knew, LOL.

Once I started designing, the internal war I have over the practicality of a kit and my sense of whimsy battled, so there haven't been too many overtly "Irish" kits forthcoming.  I think last year was the first truly Gaelic/Celtic kit I've ever made (Love and Laughter) and I truly love it; to this day it is a personal favorite.  This year, I just really wanted to do something that was Irish-inspired, and The Castle on the Hill is the result.


The color palette was taken from a photo of a beautiful Irish castle landscape, with grey storm clouds on the horizon.  With nature colors predominant, it will work beautifully to scrap almost anything; it will also lend itself well to masculine layouts with the browns and blues.  And there are a few shamrocks and Irish touches just for fun!




As usual, my team of talented ladies rocked the layouts:



And in the spirit of the season, I made you a "wee giftie" to celebrate the day.  

You can download it HERE

Don't forget that my spring cleaning sale is still going strong - save 50% on a purchase of
$10 or more!




All righty, that's about it for me.  Have a great, green day, and may the luck of the Irish be with you!


No comments: