Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Boy at Play

You hear the lament over and over in digiland:  "That's SO cute, but I have to scrap BOYS" followed by a whimper and a wail, LOL.  The truth is, it's hard to find kits that are boy-centric.  Having contributed my share of girl-friendly scrap supplies, I figured it was time to dust off the boy concept.  Long ago in scrapland I created a couple of boy kits (very early in my design career, LOL).  There were just a few pieces that I still liked, so I spiffed them up and then I created a whole lot of new goodies just for boys.  Toys, tools, sporty things, grungy things, mobile things.  Add in some masculine fasteners and a few things to tuck here and there, add a liberal helping of boyish papers (ranging from camo to bright stars and arrows) and you have a stash building kit of boy happiness :)



And I have lots of cute examples for you from the talented ladies on my team:
 Layout by Lori

Layout by Dani
 Layout by Candy (see, it even works for nature layouts!)

 Layout by Jennifer

Layout by Kim

 Layout by Corrine (TDC Creative Team)

Layout by Jan Hosford (TDC Designer)

Last are a couple of great layouts from Sondra & Kim that use some elements from the freebie add-on pack:


And here's a little taste of Boy at Play for you!  Don't forget to grab the full kit in my DigiChick store while it's at the introductory sale price!  It will be 20% off all day Thursday and Friday :)

Happy Scrapping!

4 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Feb. 10, 2011. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

Great kit! I have girls, but I use these colors quite often, especially when they were little, tom-boys all around! Thanks for the freebie!!!

Donna P. said...

Just so you know, you spelled Pittsburgh wrong. The city in PA has an "H" at the end.

Unknown said...

I had fun w/ this kit the first time around, but I love then new stuff! I'll have to play w/ it again.