Thursday, December 2, 2010

Let's go vintage!

Last summer when I was visiting in Montana, I found a stack of vintage postcards at an antique mall.  Quite a few of them were actually Christmas postcards (a concept that fascinates me in and of itself) and I was intrigued by some of the interesting designs and color combinations.  I was going through them the other day trying to figure out what I wanted to do with them, and it occurred to me that it might be fun to make a nice sized mini kit based on the colors of each card.  And this week marks the release of the first two "Christmas Wishes" - Frost, a blue and brown beauty, and Santa, a right jolly old elf in traditional Christmas colors:


 And some inspiration from my team :)

 ok, these were mine - felt good to scrap!

Layout by MamaB
Layout by Kim

Both kits are on sale through Friday at 20% off  :)  

I also participated in the DigiChick December grab bag:

 
 This bag is chock full of fun things - everything from alphas to templates to papers to elements and two minikits!  It's an awesome deal at $10 (a $55 value if purchased separately) so be sure and take a look!  Here's my part:



2 comments:

MamaB said...

Your part is pretty!!!! :D

Unknown said...

I love these new Christmas kits. They definitely inspire the Christmas spirit.