Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sleeping Beauty and other fairytales

I'm naming my brand-new so-excited-to-get-for-Christmas Camera "Millicent," after the evil fairy in Sleeping Beauty. And I am naming my camera Millicent because she (it has to be a she, a man wouldn't be this vindictive) has made me ugly. With her evil lens and her wicked focus and her relentless attention to detail she has carved lines in my face, fattened my chin(s), thinned my smile and inflated my nose to heroic (ha!) proportions. I find this vastly unfair and totally undesirable. All I wanted was a simple picture for my blog. A sweet little avatar that would let the sunshine of my personality shine through and light up the hearts of countless... oh nevermind. Even I'm not buying that one. Still, is it asking so much for a decent picture? Do I have to be reminded (in 8 MegaPixels, no less) that my fourth decade is melting away faster than than a popsicle left on a summer sidewalk?

Fortunately for me, I had a good fairy on my side in the shape of Photoshop Elements 6. While she wasn't able to completely undo the evil that Millicent planned, she was able to soften a little here, blur a little there, change a little lighting and best of all, make it REALLY REALLY TINY. It will have to do. In the meantime, I'm not going to be spinning any thread or buying any poisoned apples or cleaning any fireplaces. One fairytale incursion is enough.

2 comments:

tricertifiedx2 said...

You know you are really good at this!!! Thanks for popping in on my blog. My daughter is already better and back in school. Love your new pic....oh wait...avitar. It really is good. Take care. Blessings to you.

DanisDelusions said...

Just FYI..Sleeping Beauty's evil queens name was Maleficent. : ) Not trying to be one of THOSE people *LOL* but she's my favorite Disney villain so I had to come to her defense. *LMAO*