Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Learn to Deal.

I guess there are things in life that we might as well just learn to get along with and make the best of them. You do what you can, but you can't really change anything, so you do what you have to do.

Of course, any time there's a life lesson, I can usually find something ridiculous to illustrate (even feebly - hey, it's a blog entry even if it's a stretch)...today it's PassionFruit Hot Chocolate.

Bizarre sounding, isn't it? Not a flavor combination I would choose. But I love PassionFruit tea (with honey) and so I make it often in my Senseo. And because I am chronically challenged when it comes to doing dishes and kitchen maintenance, I usually wander off with my tea and forget that the bright pink passionfruit teabag is still in the machine. No biggie, because when I come back for tea the next time (or the rare occasion when I use it to make a cafe latte) I have to open it up to put the new tea bag or coffee pod in preparatory to brewing.

Not so with hot chocolate. I just need hot water, so no remembering to open the hatch and take out the dead teabag. And invariably it isn't until the pink water streams through that I even remember yesterday's cup o' tea, and it is rarely with pleasure, lol. Because there is no stopping the machine once it has begun to dispense. You just have to go with it.

So rather than mend my ways, (!) or learning clean my kitchen better, or even scribbling a reminder note to tack onto the Senseo, I've just learned to enjoy the taste of passionfruit hot chocolate. There are more important things in life to expend my reformation energy upon, and so I'll pick another battle, another day :)

Speaking of battles, my latest kit goes in the store bright and early tomorrow. It's a fun one, called Steggo's Valentine.

I can just hear the eyebrows raising in digiland. Steggo? What on earth is a Steggo, and why does it have a valentine, fergoodnesssakes?

Well, Steggo is derived from Stegosaurus, and it's my younger daughter's dino nickname. Don't ask me to explain this part, because I don't fully understand why college aged girls have dino nicknames - again, this is one of those things you cannot change and so you may as well just go with it (passionfruit hot chocolate, anyone?). And as Daughter number one got a Valentine kit (Lovebug Serenade for the Katibug), Daughter the second believes she should have one as well.

So here it is. And if you scroll past all the pretty pictures, there's a matching alpha that you may download for the next couple of days. Enjoy!



(Layout by Snappy2003)

(Layout by Annette)

(Layout by Pookie)

And lastly, this one by me :)
(sorry, download expired)

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the cute alpha!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 27 Jan [LA 07:45pm, NY 10:45pm] - 28 Jan [UK 03:45am, OZ 02:45pm] ).

Anonymous said...

adorable alpha, thank you!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the freebie! :)

TerriK said...

very nice kit. I love the colors and the exciting elements.

Donna Rafferty said...

Beautiful kit Julie!! Love the colors and the **adorable** dinos!

MamaB said...

Love the kit! The story mafde me smile, thank you for that!!!! (((hugs)))