Thursday, November 18, 2010

Flying time!

As in, time flies :)  I can't believe we're only a week away from Thanksgiving and that it's time to begin Christmas planning (I AM going to make my cards this year if it... well, I'd better leave it there, LOL).  I will readily confess that I had a hard time wrapping my head around Christmas designs, so I've reworked, retooled, and revamped two kits that I had in my PDW store for re-release.  It was like hanging out with old friends and having a spa day - hope you like our makeovers, LOL!

First up is Fireside Christmas.  When I picked this color palette, I had the name Library in mind, and I think that's reflected in the rich colors and textures.  I love the touches of gold in amongst the plaid, almost as though it's reflecting the firelight, and the counterpoint of the antique paper sets a nice contrast.


And some lovely examples from my wonderful Creative Team:


Layouts by Sondra

Layout by Kim

Layout by Jennifer

Last, Joana, one of the uber talented Hybrid Chicks made an ornament with Geeky Diva Design's template:

So cool!  Makes me want to brave the scissors and paste and make one myself :)

The second "new" old kit is Razzle Dazzle Reindeer - hardly a traditional Christmas palette, but sometimes you have photos with pink coats or purple dresses to work with and you need something to tie it all together, LOL.  Not to mention the fact that it's just plain fun and sparkly...




And from the team:
 Layout by TDC's Joana

 Layout by Sondra

 Layout by Kim

Both kits will be on sale at The DigiChick for 20% off through Friday!

2 comments:

Judy said...

I couldn't resist the sale price and got Fireside Christmas. My Christmas photo card is all designed - just need to take the family photo! Thanks, Julie, for the gorgeous kit!

Unknown said...

Beautiful kits, Julie! I'm happy to see their return. :)