Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Deep, Rich, and Delicious!

I came across an inspiration piece back in early October - I thought of doing an "Owl and the Pussycat" Halloween kit so I was Googling rather aimlessly (something I do a lot, LOL) and found this great folk art rendition:
I just fell in love with it, the colors are amazing, and the owl is so gentlemanly and the kitty so dainty.  And who wouldn't want a pea green boat that looked like THAT??? (instead of split pea soup, which is what I always had in my mind, and you must admit is NOT nearly as pretty!)  And since I'm trying to learn to be more practical with my kits, I didn't think doing a kit with birds and cats would be all that useful, so I tried to capture the essence with a touch of the exotic and lots of rich, beautiful color:




Because of the brilliant jewel tones in the main kit, I also created a set of coordinating papers that act as neutrals - they facilitate scrapping and journaling, but without a stark contrast.  There's also a set of clusters with coordinating sparkly underlayers (which come separately, so you can mix and match!)  All of the individual items are also available in a money-saving bundle.  That's a total of 25 papers and 43 elements, so you could scrap quite a large project with variety and depth.

I have some absolutely beautiful examples from my team:
 Layout bySondra

 Layout by Michelle

 Layout by Jennifer

 Layout by Kim

 Layout by DJ

 Layout by Jeri

Layout by Pamie

And one from me:

The Stars Above will be available at the special introductory pricing through Friday at The Digichick, so be sure to take advantage of the sale! 

I put together a little freebie that coordinates - it's full of starry things to add just the right touch to your layout and add a little more versatility:
You can download your freebie HERE.  And check my Facebook page, because there's a coordinating tiny minikit for my fans there  :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a festive kit! thanks so much for giving us a taste of the kit

etherealfire said...

Gosh that's a gorgeous kit!!! Thanks so much for the lovely share :)

Anonymous said...

I just love stars!! Thanks for such a pretty gift :)

cla said...

You still have rockin' style Julie! Thanks for the stars.