Thursday, July 12, 2012

Under the Sea (there's a freebie, too!)


Hey there!  Hope everyone is staying cool (or toasty warm, depends on which part of the globe you're on) and enjoying life :)  Not to mention getting lots of scrapping done!

Today's release is a companion kit to the Menagerie collection.  It's designed for Aquarium photos, whether they are the sort you visit or the big glass bowl on the counter with goldfish.  Or even the one with sandy beaches (it's kind of big, LOL)!  The palette I chose overlaps with the Menagerie set, so if you have a combined project the layouts will flow together.  I'm kind of a fan of blue and green, so I've enjoyed my photoshop time immensely this week!


Part of the inspiration for the style came from these fabulous vintage sealife illustrations - I've previewed them separately so you can see the details, but they are included with the kit so you don't have to purchase them separately!


And lots of inspiration from my CT ladies and the team at The Digichick:





As you can see - lots of different looks and styles, and they all look fabulous!

The last layout with the Aquarium "window" was one I created with one of my daughters' photos from her recent visit to a Korean Aquarium.  I get a huge kick out of the photos because there are so many with dark silhouettes in front of a blue window looking at fish, LOL.  So I thought it would be fun to duplicate the look.  And because I don't like being silly on my own, I've packaged up the pieces so you can play along :)


You can download your "do it yourself" kit HERE.

Menagerie...Under the Sea will be at its introductory sale price through Friday, so stop by and get your inner mermaid to work ;)  Happy Scrapping!

14 comments:

Arlene said...

Wow. What an awesome kit!!! Thanks so much for the really unique freebie. So cool.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 3 post on Jul. 13, 2012. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Love the creativity!! I have never seen anything like the spectator border - so useful for any festival or amusement park! Thank you for such a great freebie!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Thanks !!
This is awesome!

susan

sandie said...

Love this!! Thank you!

Christine said...

Gorgeous kit! Thank you for the fabulous freebie!

eveline said...

what a great freebie, thank you!

JeannieK said...

Another gorgeous kit! Had to have this one - so thank you for the newsletter goodie! I put it to good use :) Must tell you I love how colors from each of your kits I have purchased mix and match with the others. First time I have ever organized kits by designer! Wanted them all together for ease of using them at one time.

Peggy S said...

Fun freebie- thanks! The silhouettes could be used in lots of places. Your fishy papers are some of the best I have ever seen. I think I need them.

Scrumptious said...

What a gorgeous kit! Those vintage sealife images are so pretty. The freebie is super fun, too, I love that silhouette strip! Thanks for these, and for the great brushes & papers on your fb page!

Sharon Horswill said...

Brilliant freebie, thank you!

Rosemary said...

Awesome freebie - so unique, thanks so much!

Nancy said...

Truly love your mask and border! Thank you so much for your generousity.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this unique freebie. Love the spectator silhouette.