Saturday, February 3, 2018

Winter Blues

I've never really had a problem with winter, but this year it's eating away at my happy just as fast as I can build it back up, LOL.  I wonder why that is?  I finally broke down and bought one of those Happy Lights that are supposed to - well, I dunno the technical stuff.  So now I sit in front of my little light and try not to whine that it's another cloudy day with more snow on the way.

Ironically, all this gloom and probably self-imposed misery interfered quite a lot with the completion of this kit:


I really do love blue.  Some more than others, but there aren't many shades that I actually dislike (unlike our good friend orange, with whom I am not often friendly LOL)  So I knew I wanted to do a kit with many blues and it seemed logical that winter was a good time for it (especially since wayyyy back when there was a summer blues kit which really was only partly blue, but still.)  So here it is, in all its Blue glory.



Admittedly, I love blue, but I think it's a particularly pretty kit in spite of the potential for despair, LOL.  And there are no snowflakes, so you can scrap blue things independent of weather that may only be attacking MY front yard...  my daughter in Houston cheerfully pointed out that she gets two more hours of light than I do each day.  I say she deserved the ice storm for bragging, LOL.

Some pretty examples from my team and the TDC creative ladies:




Also, I provided the template for the Template Challenge at the Digichick for February, so be sure to check it out!


And now the sun is struggling to peek through the gloom, so I'm going to take the opportunity to run some errands and soak it up :)  Happy scrapping!

Julie

No comments: