Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Winter's Deep and The Photo Project 4

I keep falling in love with color palettes.  This particular one was inspired by this watercolor by Liga Marta Klavina (see her work HERE).  I loved the melancholy of the picture, and the soft, somber colors. I wanted to interpret that into a digi kit that could be used for sorrowful or melancholy events, or perhaps just for introspection or inner thoughts.

The result was "Winter's Deep."  While it reminds me of a winter landscape, there are no overt winter symbols.  No snowflakes or icicles :)  And flowers and green leaves are a little hard to find in the winter as well, but I think the colors and style lend themselves well to wintery type layouts, whether literal or figurative...





Some of my wonderful team also felt that it was a good kit for scrapping boys (always a useful thing to have!)

 Layout by Donna

 Layout by Jeri

 Layout by Kim

 Layout by Lexy

 Layout by Pamie

 Layout by Michelle

Layout by Sondra


Also new in my store this week - The Photo Project 4.  Get a little something fresh and new to scrap those P 365/52 photos.  I need to download my new Instagram photos and get caught up! 


Winter's Deep and The Photo Project 4 are 20% off in my shop through Friday!  Check them out and scrap something great!



Note:  Somebody let her trigger finger get the better of her - this won't be in the shop until around midnight Eastern time.  Sorry 'bout that!  Blogger and I - we have had our differences lately  O.o

No comments: