Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tag, Tag, you're it.

I s'pose it was inevitable. You have a blog, you have friends with blogs, and you get tagged (thanks, Dani, I think...). In some sort of gradeschool-ish way I feel like I should be hot and out of breath (hey, I SAID GRADESCHOOL sort of way!). So, here ya go, 7 random things 'bout me:

1. My eyes are hazel. I always wanted big blue eyes, or maybe even big melty brown eyes, but no. I got "garbage color" eyes - but someone before me who also had garbage colored eyes convinced everyone else with garbage color eyes that if we all got together and conspired, we could call them "hazel" and that would be so vague that no one would really know that it was code for "garbage color..." Yes. I'm bitter. Which leads me to...

2. I'm gullible. It's very easy to trick me, fool me, traumatize me... for life, LOL. What does this have to do with random item #!? Well, in high school I was madly in love with Peter Bell, and one day we were hanging out in the choir room and he looked me in the eyes and said, "your eyes are like..." in this really Melt The 16 year old Girl's Heart tone of voice... and then finished it with "Cesspools." Really. Your eyes are like cesspools. What was I thinking? Boys are gross. I'm still gullible, though.

3. I hate green pepper. Pretty to look at, icky to taste. I keep trying to like it (after all, I have learned to appreciate avocado and asparagus in the last couple of years) but so far no go. Ychhhh.

4. I have weird big toes. I can fold my little toes back and the two big toes look like thumbs. Heeeyyyyyyyyy. I'm Fonzie, but with feet. Younger daughter has been "blessed" with similar appendages. Every time we disgust her and she claims to be adopted, we bring up the toes. No denying the toes, baby girl.

5. I wear my watch to bed. When Timex came out with their indiglo watches, I was a happy girl. Because I'm half blind without my glasses, I could never tell what time it was in the middle of the night. Now I can. I wear my watch 23.5 hours a day - only take it off to shower. A week ago I hung it on the towel hook next to the shower because I was tired and in a hurry, and I only remembered to take it off as I was climbing in to the shower, and then I forgot to put it on because, hello, it wasn't where it was supposed to be (do NOT mess with the blonde's routine, or you will confound her, it turns out). Woke up the next morning and there was a blank spot where the time was supposed to be and it threw me for such a loop that I didn't recover til noon (which was when I finally found my watch, lol!)

6. I went to college to "major in English, minor in Art, and "dabble" in Music. I ended up despising early English lit (i.e. Ben Johnson and Canterbury Tales and Flora K. Willet, my English professor), taking precisely one art class (Calligraphy, at that, although I DID room with an Art major until I moved out because she was so messy), and a degree in Music Education. Which just proves that children should not be in charge of their own education because here I sit getting all of my thrills and challenges out of writing a blog and designing scrapbook stuff. Yeah, that's right, ENGLISH AND ART. ::sigh:: Oh Well. Better late than never, eh? And I guess that's testament in itself to how we eventually find what fulfills us.

7. I was valedictorian of my high school class. True, it was only a class of 101, but hey. Good to be number one! I remember my Chemistry teacher warning me that I would NEVER BE HAPPY unless I went into some science or math field. Well, Mr. Pellett, please see item number 6 above. Which maybe proves that children SHOULD be in charge of their education. And having completely contradicted myself within the space of two random thoughts, it is fortunately time to stop.

Sarah and Jennilea, it's your turn - tag, you're it!

4 comments:

DanisDelusions said...

If it makes you feel better I despise green peppers and have weird toes too *L* Especially my pinky toes...they don't even really have toenails *LOL* Feel better now?

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

LOL, I don't have much to show for pinkie toenails either! And it's good to know that if we ever meet IRL we can order pizza and neither one will have to pick the green peppers off ;)

Cheryl said...

Oh, I love green peppers...and what a fun bunch of things about you...a weird toe..you wear your watch to bed because you are blind...I'm blind too, until I squint...and it has to be REALLY close!

Cheryl said...

Okay, I already commented here..but I read this again! Whew...so, how else can you use your writing skills to benefit the scrapping world? Surely there is a way to utilize your talent more.